Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 ½ lb chicken breast cut into strips
2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 14oz bag of Birds Eye frozen pepper stir fry vegetables
3 cups minute brown rice, uncooked
2 cups gluten free chicken broth
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes flavored with spicy red peppers
3 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
1. Stir together the chicken, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste then set it aside.
2. In a large skillet over a medium high heat add the marinated chicken and olive oil then sauté for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently until the chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add the bag of frozen pepper stir-fry mix and sauté for another 2 minutes continuing to stir.
4. Stir in the chicken broth, rice, diced tomatoes and the chipotle peppers.
5. Bring the mixture up to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand covered for 5 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.