2 chicken thighs
2 tbsp green garlic, minced
2 Jalapeños, cut 1/4 long strip, (You can take out the seeds if you don't like it to be too spicy)
1/4 cup sliced shallots
2 pcs lemongrass, cut 1 long & bruised
2 oz ginger, julienne
1 cup chestnut, peeled OR pumpkin, ½ cube
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/4 cup Xaoshing rice wine
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup scallions
1 tbsp chicken stock
Few sprigs cilantro
1. Start by cutting up your vegetables. Green garlic, Jalapeños (you can take the seeds out if it's too spicy for you), shallots, lemongrass, ginger, and chestnut.
2. Add the oil into the hot clay pot. Sear off the chicken thigh meat.
3. Add in the vegetables and add in 1 tablespoon of more chopped garlic, 2 tablespoon of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of Xaoshing rice wine, 2 tablespoon of Fish sauce, 1 cup of chestnut, and peeled OR pumpkin into 1/2 cubes.
4. Put the lid on the clay pot and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, add in 2 tablespoon of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, and mix it together while letting it cook slowly.
6. Finish with 1/4 cup of scallions minced and 1 tablespoon of chicken stock.
7. Take a few sprigs of cilantro and place the lid on top again and serve!