1/2 daikon radish, sliced finely into matchsticks
1/2 ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup sushi grade tuna steak, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup sushi grade tuna steak, cut into small cubes and then chopped finely to create a paste
3 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
Wasabi to taste
3 tbsp mayonnaise, preferably japanese
1 tbsp Soya sauce
1 egg yoke
2 cups plain rice, cooked
1 nori sheet (the kind for sushi rolls), crumbled for garnish
1. Finely slice the daikon radish, and cut the avocado into small cubes.
2. Cut half of the tuna into small cubes, while the other half should be chopped very finely until it almost becomes a paste, taking care to cut or remove sinew.
3. Mix cubed tuna with the daikon radish and avocado.
4. In a separate bowl mix tuna 'paste' with wasabi, mayonnaise, spring onion and soya sauce.
5. To serve, place cooked rice in a bowl, pour the cubes tuna with radish and avocado mixture around the edge of the rice leaving a spot in the center free, and then add the tuna paste mixture in the center over the top of the rice. Add a raw egg yolk on top if desired. Sprinkle a crumbled nori sheet over the top just before serving.