Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
2 Red Peppers
½ A Cup of Basmati Rice
Sprinkle of Cajun Spice
Pinch of Turmeric
Small Red Onion
Bunch of Fresh Parsley
Handful of Black, pitted Olives
Few Sun-blushed Tomatoes
½ Ball of Mozzarella
Plenty of Crisp Mixed Salad Leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) and bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Slice the peppers in half from stalk to base and scoop our the seeds carefully without breaking through the bottom of the pepper.
4. Dump the rice into the boiling water with the Cajun spice and turmeric then simmer gently for 10 minutes whilst the peppers cook.
5. Peel and dice the red onion and roughly chop the fresh parsley.
6. Hack up the olives, sun-blushed tomatoes and half of the mozzarella into small pieces and mix in a bowl with the onion and parsley.
7. Drain the rice when cooked and plump and stir into the bowl of prepared ingredients.
8. Spoon the rice mixture into the soften pepper halves and top with a slice of the remaining mozzarella ball.
9. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, then serve hot with plenty of crisp salad on the side or cold the next day as packed lunch item.