Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinade Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 24 hours 15 minutes
1. Start by placing the sultanas with the white wine, to allow the flavors to infuse. Place the onions and 2 tbsp of light olive oil in a frying pan, over a low-medium heat, and allow them to cook gently until softened but not colored.
2. Once the onions are soft, add the sultanas and white wine, the pine nuts, and the white wine vinegar, and allow them to stew together gently until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Once ready remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Make sure that the sole has been properly filleted and that all of the skin and bones have been removed. Season the sole with salt, and then dust the fillets in flour. This can be done easily by placing the flour into a plastic sandwich bag, and then tossing the sole with the flour in the bag.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the oil has come up to temperature, add the sole and cook on each side for approximately 1 minute, and then remove from the pan and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
5. Place the cooled sole onto a plate and top with the onion mixture, and then place into the fridge for between 10-24 hours. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before eating, and serve at room temperature.