1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 medium beets, roasted & pureed (about 3/4 cups)
1 & 1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the first 5 ingredients into a bowl.
2. Place the rest of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined (you don’t want to over stir the batter — some lumps are good).
4. Drop about 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto a greased griddle or pan over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with desired accompaniments.
To freeze: Place the pancakes in labeled zipper bags and freeze for up to 3 months