2 tsp red peppercorns, crushed in a pestle and mortar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 fillets john dory
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Juice of 1 tarocco orange
1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 tarocco orange segmented (can be substituted for sanguinello or moro orange)
1. Coat the pan with the olive oil and place over a medium-high heat. Slice the fins from the john dory and place the fillets in the pan, skin side down.
2. Add in the garlic and orange juice. and then coat the fish in the dill, mint and basil. Sprinkle in the red peppercorns.
3. Pour in the white wine and cover with a lid. Leave to cook for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the fish from the pan and plate. Allow the pan juices to reduce down for 1-2 minutes, remove the garlic and pour the sauce reduction over the fish.
5. Decorate the plate with the tarocco orange segments, and serve.