Ingredients for Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf:
1 – 1/4 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup diced jalapeno
1/4 cup diced tomatoes (canned)
2 tsp less-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Make the Chipotle Glaze:
1. In a saucepan, over medium heat combine diced tomatoes, pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce and Dijon mustard.
2. Cook and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the glaze is bubbling. Set aside.
Make the Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine onion, garlic, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, panko bread crumbs and beaten egg. Stir to combine.
3. Add ground turkey meat. Combine thoroughly, but do not overmix.
4. Line a loaf pan with foil so that the bottom and all the way up the long sides are covered, forming “flaps.”
5. Add meat mixture to prepared loaf pan and gently pat to form of pan.
6. Spoon glaze on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven (350°F) for about an hour, until it’s golden brown and bubbling, and the internal temperature is 165°F.
8. Allow the meatloaf to rest in the loaf pan for 5 minutes. Use foil flaps to lift from pan.
9. Slice, share and enjoy.