1 cup (240 ml) canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
1/2 cup (120 ml) canola, corn, vegetable, or safflower oil
3/4 cup (95 grams) whole wheat flour (can use all-purpose flour)
3/4 cup (50 grams) natural wheat bran
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (140 grams) raisins or dried cranberries
1. Pumpkin Muffins: Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
2. Place rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with a non stick vegetable spray.
3. In a medium sized bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Set aside.
5. Stir until just combined. Fold in the raisins. Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough when baked.
6. Fill the muffin cups with the batter using two spoons or an ice cream scoop.
7. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes , or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.