2 cups white sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
6 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cups frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a bundt pan with butter and flour. Defrost the raspberries. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a Kitchen Aid standing mixer, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to incorporate each one. Add the vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour and sour cream alternately, 1/3 at a time, until combined.
3. In a bowl, mash the defrosted raspberries with a fork (you can use fresh, but frozen works better) until it is mostly smooth. Some chunks will remain, that’s okay.
4. Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared bundt pan and dot with 1/2 of the pureed raspberries. Pour in the remaining batter and dot with the remaining pureed raspberries.
5. Using a long skewer or a butter knife, swirl the puree dots into the batter to form red swirls throughout. Place the cake in the oven and bake for 90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.