Cook Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1. Mix the flour, salt and soft butter with a mixer on a low speed to a crumble. Add water and then briefly mix again with your hands into a dough, but do not knead. Cover the pastry with cling wrap and put into the fridge for half an hour to cool.
2. Fry the bacon in a frying pan without oil over a low heat until crispy, dab dry on kitchen paper, and leave to cool. Crumble the bacon.
3. Grease a springform tin or quiche dish, roll the pastry out and line the bottom of the tin with it. Prick with a fork several times. Place the tin in the fridge.
4. Mix the cream, eggs, egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg together.
5. Preheat oven to 392F (200C).
6. Spread the cooled bacon pieces over the pastry. Then pour the creamy egg mixture over the pastry.
7. Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 180 degrees C and bake for another 15-20 minutes.