Cook Time: 2 hours & 30 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 3 hours
Make Sure You Have: Stand mixer
1. In a pot bring 4 ounces of heavy cream to a simmer. Add in 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon of honey. Whisk it all in and keep whisking it until it is fully melted.
2. Once it is fully melted put it in a bowl and place it in the refrigerator and let it cool for 2 hours. After 2 hours scoop out some chocolate to form the truffle balls. Set aside, you will add these to each individual ramekin with cake batter later.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In your mixer add in 3 whole large eggs, 3 large egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar. Whip this until it is light and has turned pale yellow color.
3. Take 5 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and melt it in the microwave as well as 5 ounces of unsalted butter. Then take a bowl and slowly mix the two together with a spatula. Mix until you can no longer see the butter.
4. Now turn down the mixer to low and take the melted chocolate butter mixture and pour it in the mixer with the egg and sugar.
5. Once the melted chocolate has fully been mixed in to the egg and sugar, add in 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix it in. Make sure not to over mix it.
6. Take eight 4 ounce ramekins and spray each with vegetable spray. Take a scoop of the batter and place it in the ramekins. On top of that add the truffle filling and then top it off again with another scoop of batter. Continue to repeat this process for the rest of the ramekins.
7. Place it in the preheated oven and make sure you have a timer. These cakes cook for exactly 12 minutes. After 12 minutes take them out and let sit for a few minutes.
8. Top off with some powdered sugar or ice cream and you are ready to serve!