Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
4 cups (500g) spring greens (can be substituted with collard greens)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
10 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
½ lemon, juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Prepare a bowl of iced water to blanch the green, and bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Strip the leaves of the greens off their stalks, roughly chop the leaves, and then drop them into the boiling water.
2. Boil the spring greens for 1 minute, or until soft and tender, drain and then plunge into the cold water. Leave for 5 minutes or until the greens cool down completely, and then drain and squeeze out any excess water. At this point the greens can be stored in the fridge until they are needed later, or simply finished in the pan immediately.
3. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, saucepan or wok, and add the garlic and chopped anchovies. Fry for a minute or so, taking care not to burn the garlic.
4. Then add the greens to the pan. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper, and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring almost continuously, for 3–4 minutes. Be careful not to add too much salt, as the anchovies will make the dish quite salty.
5. Add the lemon juice, stir again, and serve immediately.
This is the perfect side for James's https://grokker.com/cooking/video/sea-bream-en-papillote/52d7ed726a266ce32100e11d