2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup milk
1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp) melted and cooled
3/4 cup almond meal
1 & 1/2 cups of baking mix (like Pamela's)
Fresh cherries, about 2 cups
3/4 cup milk chocolate morsels (or chunks) - slightly bigger than regular chocolate chips
Butter for greasing the casserole dish
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F degrees.
2. Then start by cracking your eggs in the mixer along with the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla essence. Mix just a little bit.
3. Add in the milk and mix for another 30 seconds. Now add in almond flour and gluten-free baking mix and mix well until you have your batter.
4. Make sure to scrape the outside and that everything is mixed well.
5. Take your casserole dish and grease with butter. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish so that you will have a thin layer on the bottom of the dish. Now place it in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Cut the cherries in half and pit the seeds out and place them on top of the thin layer in the casserole.
7. Decorate anyway you like and then add in the chocolate chips spreading them all around with the cherries.
8. Now pour the rest of the batter on top of the cherries and chocolate chips and spread them to over the top and place it in the oven once again. Cool, cut, add icing sugar on top and you’re ready to serve to your kids!