Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
4 tortillas, cut into 6 pieces
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 large fillet of halibut, roughly diced
1 orange, juice and zest
5 limes, juice and zest of 1½
4 lemons, juice and zest of 1
1 cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup red onions, diced
2 tbsp piquillo peppers, roughly chopped
½ cup ketchup
2 tsp french mustard
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Start by preparing the tortillas. Pre-heat an oven to 360°F (180°C). Brush the tortillas with olive oil, sprinkle with the smoked paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake the tortillas in the oven for 12 minutes, turning them over after 6 minutes and brushing them with a little more oil.
3. To prepare the ceviche, place the halibut into a large bowl, and add the zest of 1 orange, the zest of 1 lemon and the zest of 1½ limes. Then add the juice of 1 orange, the juice of 5 limes, the juice of 4 lemons, the tomatoes, and season with a little salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
4. To the ceviche, add the red onions, the piquillo peppers, the ketchup, the french mustard, and ¾ tsp homemade peri-peri sauce, mix the ingredients together well, cover with cling film, and place in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
5. To serve, place the ceviche in a bowl, garnish with cilantro, and serve the tortilla chips on the side.
Homemade Peri-Peri Sauce
1. To make the peri-peri sauce mix together the olive oil, the red wine vinegar, the dried chili flakes, and the bay leaves. Place this in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then add the garlic. This should be made at least 2 days in advance, but will get better the longer you leave it.