Servings: Makes 2 loaves
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Make Sure You Have: 2 loaf pans
2 cups cooked fresh pumpkin or one 16-ounce can cooked pumpkin
2/3 cup purified water
1 & 1/4 cups maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer (substitute: 4 eggs)
1 cup plain coconut yogurt or plain dairy yogurt
2 tsp coconut oil
1 & 1/2 cups coconut sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
3 cups gluten-free flour baking mix or regular baking mix
2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1 & 1/2 tsp xanthan gum or tapioca flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp clove
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp dried ginger powder
1 tsp licorice root powder or ground anise seed or coriander (optional)
2 cups chopped walnuts, crushed pecans, raisins and/or dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Cut pumpkin in half, remove the seeds, then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper that has been greased with coconut oil. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, until it can be pierced easily with a fork.
2. Reduce oven to 350°F in preparation for baking the bread.
3. Let pumpkin cool for about 10 minutes, then peel the skin off. In a bowl mash the cooked pumpkin and set aside.
4. In a bowl whisk together Ener-g (egg replacement) and warm water. Add coconut yogurt, vanilla extract, molasses, maple syrup, purified water, cooked pumpkin and mix it together.
5. Add the coconut sugar into the wet ingredients.
6. In another bowl add in the almond meal, gluten-free mix, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ground ginger, and licorice root powder. Mix all the dry ingredients together and slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients 1/3 at a time until you have a thick gooey batter. Once you have the mixture ready add in the dried cranberries and crushed nuts and fold them in.
7. Grease loaf pan (or use two if prefer to make smaller loaves of pumpkin bread) with coconut oil and then place the batter in. Optional - Create a line through center of batter and top off with nuts or cranberries and sprinkle of coconut sugar. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. To test if the bread is ready, poke a toothpick through the center of the bread, and if the toothpick comes out clean, it is done. Let the bread cool for 15 minutes.
8. Slice it up, plate it, and serve! Enjoy!