Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
1 & 1/3 pounds (600g) of scrubbed waxy potatoes (e.g. Pink Fir)
A few sprigs of fresh dill, chopped, plus extra to serve
A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp goose fat (may substitute with clarified butter, olive oil, or sunflower oil)
4 medium eggs
1/2 pound (200g) of smoked salmon
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Bring back to simmer and then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes drain and rinse under cold water. Set it aside.
3. Roughly grate the onion and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Peel the potatoes and grate them into the bowl. Add the dill, nutmeg and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to mix.
5. Melt 1 tbsp of goose fat in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the potato and onion mix and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
6. Lightly shape into a flat round, patting it into shape with the spoon and fry for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. Take the frying pan off the heat and place a plate over the pan and invert it so the rösti slips out. Slide the rösti back into the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
8. Meanwhile, melt the other 1 tbsp of goose fat in a frying pan over a medium heat.
9. Crack the eggs in and cover with a lid. Gently fry for 2-3 minutes or until a skin has formed over the yolks but they are not yet set. Slide the rösti out of the pan and slice into 4 wedges. Serve a wedge of rösti with fried eggs, slices of smoked salmon and fresh dill to garnish.
Watch all of Jassie's https://grokker.com/cooking/collection/brilliant-brunch-series/51681a57558fccb35e0122e3 collection