For flat bread
1/2 oz. (10g) butter, melted
150g plain flour, 1/3 lb have extra to hand in case
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 & 3/4 fl oz. (50ml) of water
3/4 oz. (20g) sesame seeds
Ingredients for hummus
1lb (500g) edamame
1 clove garlic
3 & 1/2 fl oz. (100ml) rapeseed oil
1 tsp sesame oil
Directions for flat bread crackers
1. In a bowl knead the butter, plain flour, sugar, salt, sesame seeds and water together. As the mixture comes together add the egg white and reserve the egg yolk and continue to knead to work the gluten. Your dough should come together as a normal textured dough, if it is too wet then add more flour and keep kneading.
2. When the dough has formed, wrap in cling film and set aside in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 380°F (180°C).
4. Dust your rolling ball with flour and take a table tennis sized ball of dough and roll vertically with a rolling pin until is the thickness of a piece of card.
5. Place on a baking tray and brush with the egg yolk. Place the tray in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and cracker-like.
6. Alternatively trim the edges off a piece of white bread and roll flat with a rolling pin. Cut the flattened piece in half and place on a baking tray and put in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
Directions for hummus:
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until forms a nice rough paste, if necessary add more oil to make smoother.
2. Serve by coating flat bread in hummus and a few dashes of soy sauce.