Two 16 oz. T-bone cut steaks
1 tbsp olive oil
Maitre d' butter:
4 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 shallot, diced
Fresh cracked black pepper
Maitre d' Butter:
1. In a bowl, bring your butter up to room temperature. Add lemon zest and juice, thyme, parsley, garlic, and shallots. Mix all of the ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until steak is ready.
1. Set the grill temperature or bring it up to 450°F-550°F.
2. Brush the T-bone with olive oil on both sides to help with the grill marks. Season the steak with salt and pepper high, about a foot above the steak, to help cover all of the surface area on both sides.
3. Grill the steak for about 4-6 minutes on each side. After 2-3 minutes, rotate the steak 90° to get the perfect grill marks. Close the grill as soon as you can. After the steak is done cooking on one side, do the same to the other side.
4. Let the meat rest for about 15 minutes for the meat to soak in the juice.
5. Serve with Maitre d' Butter on top and garnish with parsley.