Cook Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour & 5 minutes
For the topping:
Bowl (200g) of Pecan Halves
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (120g) Brown Sugar
Drop of Vanilla Extract
1. Rub the cubed butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Stir through the sugar and beaten egg.
3. Knead gently until the whole thing forms a soft dough ball – don’t overwork or else the pastry will be tough when cooked.
4. Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least an hour to relax.
5. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin.
6. Lay over a tart case and gently press into the edges, trim off any excessive pastry then chill again for 15 minutes as you
7. Preheat an oven to 356°F (180°C).
8. Whisk together the pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in a bowl until combined.
9. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for the top in another bowl, then stir through the pecans.
10. Pour the pumpkin filling into the tart case so it fills up ¾ of the way then scatter over enough pecans to completely cover.
11. Bake for 40 minutes until set, golden and puffed up slightly.
12. Allow to cool a little before serving with cream.