2 cups canned pumpkin
2.5 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Line a muffin tin with eco-friendly (unbleached) cupcake liners.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the canned pumpkin, oil, soy milk, sugar and vanilla.
4. When this is thoroughly mixed, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Use a fork or whisk – not an electric mixer.
5. When batter is thoroughly mixed, pour in the chocolate chips and mix them in
6. Pour batter into the muffin tin – filling each space about 2/3 full. The cakes will rise a lot, so don’t overdo it unless you want gigantic cupcakes.
7. Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes. Let cool before you eat them. Enjoy!