Servings: Makes approximately 30 - 40
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
Make Sure You Have: Food processor
½ cup (100g) hazelnuts, shelled and skinned
½ cup (100g) ground almonds
1 cup (65g) caster sugar
1 cup (165g) plain flour
1 cup (175g) salted butter, softened
½ jar of Nutella, to sandwich the biscuits together.
1. Preheat the oven 350˚F (180˚C or gas mark 4). If nuts have husks (skin) on, then boil in hot water or toast in an oven briefly, and husks can then easily be removed by rubbing in a dish cloth or between hands, or simply buy without skins on.
2. Nuts should then be toasted lightly by placing them in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Grind the hazelnuts and almonds finely in a food processor and allow to cool. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix in the butter.
4. Form into small balls around 2cm across, like large marbles. Flatten each one gently between your fingers to make them into more of a patty shape. Place on the parchment paper, spaced well apart, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Spread half of the biscuits with a little dot Nutella allowing for the fact that when you press them together, the filling will spread. Try to match the bottom and top sizes accurately so they are even. Serve with coffee. These will keep in an airtight container, for a couple of days.