½ puck Palm Sugar
2 tbsp Chili Paste
Juice and Zest of one small Lime
1& 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
¾ tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Roasted Unsalted cashews
1/2 cup Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 250°F.
2. Fill a small bowl with warm water and add the puck of palm sugar to soften.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the chili paste, lime juice+zest, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
4. Add the softened palm sugar and mash it into the chili mixture, making sure to break up any and all large clumps
5. Stir in the cashews, making sure to incorporate all of the chili liquid.
6. Add the coconut to your bowl and stir once more.
7. Pour the cashew mixture into a roasting dish or onto a cookie tray in one even layer.
8. Roast the nuts for at least an hour, or until they're golden and toasted.
9. Stir them every 15 minutes.
10. Remove the Mixture from your oven and let them cool before serving.