Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
Make Sure You Have: a food processor
1 cup of water plus additional water to thin
2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp mellow white miso
2 small cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1 avocado, mashed
2 tbsp minced fresh dill (or teaspoons dried)
1. Place the water, zucchini, celery, lemon juice, olive oil, miso, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a blender or Vita-Mix and process until smooth.
2. Add the avocado and dill and blend briefly. Add additional water to thin the soup to desired consistency, and blend.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Cream of Zucchini Soup will keep for up to three days.
4. Stored in a sealed container will keep up to 3 days.
5. This cream soup is delicious served chilled, at room temperature or warmed gently on the stove or in the dehydrator.
6. Vary this soup by substituting grated carrots or spinach for the zucchini.