Cook Time: 6 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 11 minutes
1/4 cup (50g) of caster sugar or granulated sugar or superfine sugar
14.11oz (400g) frozen fruits, such as mixed berries
1 stick cinnamon
2 star anise
A little less then 1/2 a cup 120g = 1 cup (50g) (1.76oz) walnuts halves
1/2 cup (50g) (1.76oz) of rolled oats
1.76oz (50g) pumpkin seeds
1 and 1/2 tbsp (30g) (1.06oz) of runny honey
Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Place the sugar, frozen fruits, cinnamon and star anise in a pan.
2. Gently bring to a simmer, then cook for 5 minutes or until the fruit is tender and warmed through.
3. Meanwhile, scrunch the walnut halves in your hands to roughly crush them. Add to them the oats and pumpkin seeds. Stir in the honey and tip into a frying pan.
4. Toast over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until golden.
6. Place the granola in to one bowl and the compote in to another.
7. Serve it by placing some Greek Yogurt into a bowl followed by a couple spoons of granola topped with a couple spoons of the compote.
Watch all of Jassie's https://grokker.com/cooking/collection/brilliant-brunch-series/51681a57558fccb35e0122e3 collection