1 cup (240 ml) of ricotta cheese
1 & 1/2 cup (180 g) of flour
2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
1 & 3/4 cup (420 ml) of milk
4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon zest
powdered sugar for dusting
6-8 slices of lemons and 6-8 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
12 0z (340 g) fresh raspberries (reserve about 10 for garnishes)
2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
3 tbsp (45 ml) water
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine raspberries, sugar and water. Heat over medium low flame and stir occasionally to break up the berries and form a sauce. Keep warm on a low flame until pancakes are ready.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs and ricotta cheese until smooth.
3. In a separate smaller bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk, whisk until smooth.
4. Pour flour mixture into your egg ricotta mixture until combined and then add melted butter and lemon zest. Stir until smooth.
5. Heat griddle on a medium-high flame until hot. You will know when it's ready when a drop of water sizzles and bounces on the pan. Grease lightly with oil.
6. Laddle out batter to form a 3-4 inch pancake. Once you see edges begin to dry and pancake bubble, flip the pancake. Cook on the opposite side for 1-2 mins.
7. Stack 3-4 pancakes high. Dust with powdered sugar, and drizzle raspberry sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh raspberries on top and a sliced lemon and mint sprig on the side. ENJOY!