2 cups all‐purpose gluten-free flour (Cup4Cup works best)
1 cup gluten-free oat bran
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup milk
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
1 extra egg for glazing
1. Combine flour, oat bran, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut butter into the dry mixture in cubes or chunks. Using your hands, rub the butter into the dry mixture until you have a fine, crumbly mixture
4. Whisk together sour cream, milk and egg in a separate small bowl.
5. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients in a sticky paste.
6. Using extra flour to prevent sticking, gently form a round ball and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a glass or rolling pin to flatten the dough ball until it's about ¾-inch thick. Cut the dough into squares and flour each side lightly, placing each on a baking sheet after you have a nice square shape. Glaze the scones with the extra egg, lightly whisked, using either a pastry brush or a paper towel.
7. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until golden brown; baking time depends a lot on the thickness of your scones.
8. Eat them plain or serve with your favorite toppings, like strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream.