Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
2 salmon fillets
Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of garam masala
1 tsp red chilli flakes
¼ tsp salt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
¼ a red onion
½ green apple (sharp & crunchy)
Sprig of fresh coriander
Couple of handfuls of rice
Strand or two of saffron
1. Peel and grate both the ginger and garlic.
2. Stir together with the garam massala, chilli, lemon juice, salt and yogurt.
3. Skin and de-bone the salmon fillets before marinating them in half of the tandoori yogurt mix for up to a day.
4. Preheat the oven as hot as it will go, 482F (250°C) if possible.
5. Core the apple and peel the onion before finely dicing both.
6. Remove the pulp from the tomatoes and chop the flesh finely with the coriander.
7. Mix the apple, onion, tomato and coriander together and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon to create the relish.
8. Wipe off an excess of yogurt and place the fillets onto a baking tray or frying pan.
9. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
10. Simmer the rice in salted water with the saffron strands until the grains are fluffy and cooked.
11. Drain the rice and serve with chunks of flaky salmon, some relish and a dollop of the yogurt marinade that you didn't use on the raw fish.