Return to the program page of Mediterranean Eating: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Download the program guidebook for a printable ingredient list and recipe steps!
• 3 ounces of canned salmon, drained
• ⅓ cup chopped cucumber
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
• ¼ cup shredded carrots
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
• a squeeze of lemon juice
• a pinch of salt and pepper
• 2 lettuce leaves
• 1 small tomato, sliced
• 1 large whole wheat pita pocket
• Get all of your ingredients ready.
• Drain off the liquid from the salmon, you can always use canned tuna, canned chicken or even chickpeas for this recipe.
• in a bowl combine your salmon, cucumber, yogurt, green onion and carrots. add a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper to your liking. Stir it all up.
• When you’re ready to eat, add a piece of lettuce and tomato slices to each pita halve and then fill it with the mixture.
• Eat and enjoy!