2. Place your venison in the pan and brown on all sides, allow to get a deep brown color on all sides (approx. 30 to 45 seconds on each side). When done, leave to rest on the side for 5 minutes.
3. In the same pan bring back to a high heat, add a knob of butter and add the mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and couple of twists of peppers. Leave them to caramelize in the pan (approx. 1 to 2 minutes per side).
4. When cooked turn off the pan and add the rice wine vinegar to the pan.
5. In a small mixing bowl add the mustard powder, 2 teaspoon of water and the miso and mix well to form into a sauce.
6. Carve the venison into 1cm, ½ inch thick slices. Place the venison on a plate, dress with the miso sauce, pickled mushrooms and a scattering of watercress.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.