Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Ready In: 22 minutes
3 Medium Potatoes
1 Onion sliced
1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
Chunk of Chorizo, diced
Big glug of Olive Oil
Handful of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Handful of Black Pitted Olives
Double Cream (100ml) *Heavy Cream
Pinch of Salt
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Sprig of Fresh Thyme
Dollop of Mayonnaise
1 clove of Garlic
2 roasted Piquillo Peppers (from a jar)
A squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F (180˚C).
2. Slice the potatoes into ½ cm slices and cover with cold salted water in a pan.
3. Heat to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes to start the cooking process.
4. Peel and slice the onion, then de-seed and slice the red pepper.
5. Heat a non-stick, ovenproof frying pan with generous glug of olive oil and fry the onion, pepper and chorizo pieces for 5 minutes until softened.
6. Throw in the peeled and crushed garlic and chopped thyme to for the last 2 minutes of the frying.
7. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and olives into smaller pieces for later.
Whisk the eggs, cream and salt in a bowl.
8. Remove the pepper and onion mix from the pan and strain the oil.
9. Drain the potatoes.
10. Layer some potatoes into the bottom of the hot frying pan and scatter over some onion and pepper mix.
11. Pour some of the egg mixture into the pan.
12. Repeat with layers of sliced potatoes, onion mix and egg until you’ve used all the ingredients.
13. Scatter the top with the chopped olives and tomatoes.
14. Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes until set and golden.
15. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
16. Blitz together the mayo, roasted red pepper, garlic clove and squeeze of lemon juice to create an awesome piquillo pepper aioli to serve alongside.