Yield: Makes 1 cup of compote
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
6 spoonful of ricotta
1. Place some of the ricotta into Chinese spoons. Place the fig compote on top of the ricotta. Top it off with chopped walnuts. Your ready to serve!
Directions for Compote: (You can buy compote or make your own with this direction.)
1. Preheat your broiler. Cut off the stems of each fig, slice in quarters and set aside.
2. Add the butter, brown sugar and honey to a non-stick saucepan. Cook for 1 minute over a high heat, stirring frequently until the syrup begins to bubble. Add the figs and stir to coat them.
3. Place the figs under the broiler to caramelize them, checking and turning them every 5 minutes to prevent the figs and sugar from burning.
4. The figs are done when the syrup is thickened and amber in color.
5. Serve while warm with ricotta, mascarpone or ice-cream. Garnish with chopped walnuts.