1/2 tomato, deseeded and chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
3 tbsp chives to taste, chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp sunflower oil or equivalent
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
2. Place most of the chopped tomato in the bowl with the eggs. Set aside some of the chopped tomato to be used in the salsa.
3. Add the onion, fresh mint, chives, parsley, green chili, garlic, baking powder, flour, and salt to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until the consistency is doughy, and then allow it to rest for a few minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the chopped tomato, sliced garlic clove, olive oil, lemon juice, dry mint, and salt to make the salsa.
5. Drizzle the oil onto a hot pan. Pour a ladleful of the omelette mixture into the pan and let it cook until the underside begins to brown. Next, flip the omelette so that the egg cooks all the way through.
6. Place the omelette on a plate and drizzle the salsa on top. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.