2 Ya Li Asian pears peeled and cut into 1/4 cubes (You can substitute for other Asian pears or pears)
For The Marinade:
2 tbsp Korean fermented chili paste (Gojuchong)
2 tbsp Unseasoned Rice vinegar
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp korean chili flakes
1/2 tsp chili powder
6 fresh mint leaves chopped finely
Pinch of sea salt to your taste
1. Take your Asian pear on top of parchment paper, which helps with the clean up afterwards, and peel it. Once the pears have been peeled cut them into cubes. Work quickly so they don't oxidize. Place them in a bowl and set them aside.
2. In another bowl add in 2 tablespoon of Korean fermented chili paste (Gojuchong). Add in 2 tablespoon of unseasoned rice vinegar. Add in 2 teaspoon of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
3. Mix it up and add in 1/2 teaspoon korean chili flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder. Mix it up again. Now marinade the Asian pears with this Korean spicy marinade and let it sit. If you let the marinade sit for a night the flavors will develop even more.
4. Take 6 fresh mint leaves and chop them finely and toss them with the Asian pears. Season with a pinch of sea salt to your taste.
5. Now, plate it in a bowl and serve!