Cook Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1. Wash apples and oranges and cut into quarters. Add to a large stockpot along with the brown sugar.
2. Lay your nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a cheesecloth, and tie into a satchel. Fill your stockpot with enough water to cover the fruit, and add your spice satchel.
3. Bring water to a boil, let your mixture boil for at least one hour to let the fruit soften. Mash your softened fruit, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 additional hours.
4. Allow the pot to cool completely, and remove your spice satchel. Line a large bowl with a doubled cheesecloth, and add the contents of the stockpot.
5. Twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to get as much juice as you can. Drink cool or reheat, just make sure you rummage through some leaves afterwards :)